Monday, June 10, 2019

Sister Wilcox is Out, Peace! ✌

Hey y'all,

This is the last hoorah!

I'll be honest, I don't have much to say. I am still in shock that this is my last p-day and that I won't be writing anymore emails! I can't believe this!

This week has been crazy! We've been running around trying to do missionary work and still get to see everyone we planned on seeing. We had a really good lesson with Ron and Madonna one last time, if y'all remember them, and I am curious to see if they have opened up more to what we teach... I guess I'll just have to stay updated through Sister Johnson!

Oh I forgot to mention transfer news! Sister Johnson is getting Sister Jackson, a sister that would be going home with me but she decided to extend her mission 4 weeks! She is the bomb! But that's not all, sister Jackson and Sister Johnson are training a new missionary! So this area gets a trio again and it'll be training again! Super exciting stuff!

Sister Johnson told me that this was answering her prayer perfectly. She wanted someone to be an example to, but she also didn't quite feel ready getting out of training, so she needed someone to help her and encourage her to keep improving. So the Lord blessed her with a trainee and a really experienced sister who loves her mission! Isn't that amazing?!

It also answered my prayers. I wanted sister Johnson to be excited about change and feel comfortable taking over the area, and the Lord totally answered our prayers. He is so good to us!

So yeah, sister Johnson is feeling good, and I feel like a psycho. There is so much I need to do to be ready to leave and I am a little stressed, but it's a good kind of stress. I am excited and ready to be home! I am ready to see all y'all!


I keep getting flooded with memories and experiences from my mission, it's been hard to contain my emotions. I'm just so grateful that I got to come here, that I got to be a missionary. That's something I never thought I would do. Yet here I am, about to return from a mission. God's plan for me has always been better than my plans for myself. He has helped me see that I can do more and be more. He has helped me to see what is truly important in life, and He has directed me onto the path that will lead back to Him. He course corrected my life. He helped me understand the Atonement better, and helped me to seek to have an Eternal Perspective in all things. He has helped me to love my brothers and sisters more. My testimony was never like this, I never had a love for the book of Mormon that I do now. I am so in love with the Lord and His Gospel, my heart is full. ❤

Thank you for all those that have stuck with me on this journey! I have loved hearing from you, and I have appreciated all the wisdom and support I have received! I would not have had nearly as wonderful an experience without all of you. I love you, and I can't wait to be reunited with you!

See you soon!

With love,
Sister Wilcox
 







No comments:

Post a Comment