Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Californian Adventure!

Nov 21st, Sunday night was when we arrived at the motel in Califonia ( a total surprise vacation! ) and we were exhausted! We had spent the previous day on the road for 7 hours
before the road got shut down because there was a little snow. We could see no reason why we could'nt put chains on and go, but they shut us down anyway.
The next day we were on the road again and yes, there was snow but not enough to shut the road down. So we were a little mad, but we just kept going and we finally got to the motel. We all crashed on the beds, they felt so good!!!!!!!!
On Monday the 22and there was another big surprise, WE WERE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!


So we got there and the first ride we went on was Pirates of the Caribbean, and the two youngest ( Audery and Kinzley ) freaked out!!! - But the rest of us loved it. Since the girls freaked out on Pirates we split and me and Alyson went with mom & dad and the girls went with Grandma & Grandpa. We went on all the crazy rides like Splash Mountain, and Thunder Mountain Railroad. Splash Mountain seemed fun at first and completely non horrorific, but when I got on I wanted to get off on the first drop. But that wasn't too bad. Then the second drop was in the dark and it really freaked me out. Before you see the dark hole to that one, ask yourself why you think the rabbit is laughing! The last drop is most popular and is viewed by everyone around. I was in front and had no idea what the drop was going to be like, as soon as we were hanging over the edge, my dad said " smile for the camera! " and then we plummeted down to the dark hole below - I was screaming my head off the whole way down, and don't even ask me how the picture turned out! It looked like I was screaming into the face of a terrible moster! So, if you ever go on that ride, remember to smile even if it's totally freaky.

I was so tired that night, and soaking wet! But I had a good time and couldn't wait to go tomorrow. We left around 11 o'clockish and I was so ready to go to bed, though my dad said that we were wimps because we couldn't stand another hour. Before we went home we went on the Indiana Jones ride with Alyson and my grandparents. We were in the front row ( again ) and I think I had my eyes closed half of the time!
Tuesday the 23rd we were back in Disneyland and it was pretty much the same, the little girls went to see the princesses and me, my sister, and my parents went through the crazy rides again. Athough this time we also went on the Matterhorn ride, and it was totally awesome! Though to bad we only went on it once and it was kind of short compared to how long you have to wait in line to get on it.

We came to its a small world at 7 ish and it was all lit up and there was a huge line in front of us. But to keep us entertained they had a light show every 15 minutes, it was pretty cute! When we finally got to the boats we started heading down the river, and at first Kinzley and Audrey didn't want to go because they built a phobia on boat rides down tunnels but we got them to get on when we told them it wasn't scary or dark with drops. The ride was long and wonderful! There were singing and dancing dolls that represented people and places from all over the world and they sang its a small world and jingle bells and a few other Christmas songs. It was the cutest ride ever and it turned out to be one of my favorite rides. We got to see a flag ceramony, and a Christmas parade, and a couple fireworks, and then we went to the motel. Disneyland was a wonderful experience and I can't wait till next time we come again!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: