Monday, June 11, 2018

When 91 degrees with zero humidity feels like 70

Hello lovely people,

The week has blown by yet again. And we almost got by with no storms! Almost.

We did a ton of tracting this week and it was awesome! Never thought those words would ever come from me. Actually I think I've said that before but whatever. You can meet so many different people in just a few hours! It's the bomb! It's crazy the things you learn to love.

So Tuesday Mary Helen was getting her baptismal interview, which we biked to of course. Along the way it seemed like Satan was trying to stop us! Or at least put us in a mood. We nearly got hit by this very rude jeep that honked at us till we stopped in the middle of the road so he could make his left turn... We made it anyway, so ha! Mary Helen passed with flying colors and she was just so excited! Her baptism is scheduled for tomorrow actually. Did I forget to say that before??

On Wednesday we visited some less actives and that was cool because even though they're struggling with their testimonies or church attendance or whatever, they are still loved by the ward. We get those people as referrals from the ward. You may feel like no one's gonna notice if you leave, but there are always people who will miss you and want to see you come back.

That's one of the important things about going to church that I think a lot of people don't realize. Of course we go to take the sacrament and renew covenants we've made, but we also receive strength from our brothers and sisters and we can comfort those who need comfort and uplift those that need upliftment. We can't do life on our own, and you can't fulfill your purpose if you don't share your light with others.

We had exchanges on Thursday and I led the area again, but hey it's good for me! I wanted to work on confidence anyway so it worked out perfectly. Sister Cook was my 24 hour companion and she was super chill. She's been out a year already, and she's been in all city areas which kinda freaked me out. I want the boonies!😣 We tracted an apartment complex and got a new investigator and a potential! I didn't even know what to do with myself I was just like holy cow exchanges bring forth miracles! Then we had a lesson with an investigator we met the day before. Her name is Summer, and I couldn't help but think of Napoleon Dynamite!😂 I miss that movie! The lesson went well and we set a baptismal date with her which was crazy! I wasn't expecting to do that!

Friday we nearly missed the bus for district meeting and I got us off on the wrong stop... but we ended up being right next to Sister Cook's apartment so we just went there, dropped off her suitcase and got to study with Sister Shumuy and Sister Mitchell. So things worked out! Plus I got to read President and Sister Nelson's address to the youth. It gave me chills! The entire time I was like YESSSS!!! Our prophet is amazing and he is pushing the work forward! He is on fire! I know he is our prophet meant for us in these latter days. We need to be doing everything we can to follow our prophet and the revelation he is receiving is precisely for us at this time. He is here to guide us and to warn us and to tell us the things God would have us know.

Our meeting went over and Sister Mitchell and I were just a little frazzled cuz we had a lesson with Mary Helen at 2 and we didn't quite know how we were gonna make it. Our wonderful STL's rescued us though and took us to lunch AND got us to our bus on time. I love our sisters! We had to walk to the assisted living center with a suitcase and an extra bag that Mama Wilcox passed down to me, but that was okay! We made it exactly on time. Mary Helen was playing bingo.😊 We had a lesson on blessings and immediately she wanted Brother Kessler to get one. We called up our elders and they just so happened to be a mile away from us so it was all meant to happen! Woohoo! She got a blessing too and right after they left she was like, "I immediately felt everything relax as soon as he opened his mouth!" It was a very spiritual experience for her and I am so grateful we get to see her grow in the gospel.

We also had our lesson with Jennifer and Will who are both progressing so well! They've grown so much from when we first started meeting with them. Will wasn't even interested, but he's seen the difference in his wife and now he's asking questions and following the Word of Wisdom with her! He's reading the Book of Mormon and prays, he even helps Jennifer remember things she's working on! We are just so blessed with the people we get to work with!😄

Saturday we tracted into another investigator! She may not be super interested right now, but she lost her grandfather a year ago and she really needs some closure about it. So we're gonna see how we can help. We were planning on visiting an inactive member, Brother Green, so Sister Mitchell asked me if we should finish the row of houses or go to his house. I was like, "let's finish!" Which I never say, and sure enough we get a honk, turn around, and there's brother Green! He and his girlfriend were heading to Lowe's for some gardening supplies. Of course I immediately perked up to that! Then we got ourselves invited over to help them weed their garden! Aww yeah! It was the best, and we got to talk to them A LOT about everything. Gospel included. 😉

Our Sunday was the best because WILL CAME TO CHURCH WITH JENNIFER!!!😆😆😆 we've been trying to get him to come for like, 3 Sundays. It was awesome! So church was the bomb, more so than it usually is, and Mary Helen came with her little Allie again. That dog is cute! We wanted to go out finding but then it decided to pour, and we did weekly planning instead! It cleared up enough for us to go out later and check on some people, and then this black cloud started moving in fast so we were like nooope and biked home just before the waterbaloon droplets could get us. It was fun!

Today we got a call from brother Kessler who told us that he and Mary Helen got in an argument and he isn't sure about her baptism tomorrow. We're calling her tonight to see what's up. We may or may not have a baptism tomorrow folks, I'll letg you know next week! We are currently sitting on the porch of a members home using their WiFi. It is also pouring. Surprise there!

Also, I think I've gotten so used to the weather here because this week was in the 90's but I couldn't feel it cuz there was no humidity miraculously and I was loving life! I am seriously blessed I don't know how I'm not dead yet!😅

I love you all so much! Bye!

With love,
Sister Wilcox😘

No comments:

Post a Comment