Monday, March 12, 2018

Dropping Like Flies

Hey y'all

So, as the title implies, sorta, people around here are getting sick. It's very bad cuz it's the flu and apparently a few people have already died from it, so fun stuff there! Mi companera is also sick, but not to that level. She's has a cough and headaches, she's been taking lots of naps and I've been cleaning. She loves herbal teas now too!

Tuesday was another big tracting day, we biked all over and tried contacting a bunch of people and it wasn't going so great until the very end where we met some awesome peeps. We got a new investigator and it really made our day😊. We had dinner with this awesome lady in our ward and her little girl Clair. So, on the car ride home I sat by Clair who's like, 3, and she was asking me why we were riding with her and her mama. I said, "cuz it's cold" She goes, "why?" So I'm  thinking oh no what have I done, but I respond, "because the temperature dropped" "why?" "Because it's winter?" "Why?" "Because the Earth is farther away from the sun right now and maybe we're going to go through global freezing??" To which she says, "ohhhh, yeah." So that was my deep, confusing conversation with a 3 year old but I still laugh about it! She was such a character!

Wednesday we did our regular service routine and after we went to visit a single sister in our ward with Parkinson's disease. Sister Wellings is such a strong, faithful woman despite all that she has to deal with, and she is angelic. We were able to do some service for her, but she was mostly concerned about us helping her diabetic son who no longer believes in the church. He's lost his faith in God because of his trials and doesn't believe in a God that would allow bad things to happen to good people. I was about in tears after we left because he didn't care for anything we tried to help him with. There are people who don't have hope and don't believe they ever can.

On a good note though, we did a lot of service and I love it so much! We made dinner for one of the sick sisters in our ward, and it was awesome! I also was asked to bear my testimony on the Atonement on Sunday. I was terrified, and then I got up there and everything was fine and I was able to testify things I didn't know I needed to say, and without crying! It was great. All things considered, I feel pretty good about this week!

I love all y'all! Thank you for your letters and love!

With love,
Sister Wilcox❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment