Monday, March 26, 2018

I Am Not Immune!

Hey everybody,

This week has been another week of nasty coughing, except now I'm a part of it! Yay! I started with a sore throat, and now I have the cough & congestion where my ears feel like they need to pop all the time. It hasn't been debilitating though. 

It started snowing on Tuesday and we were totally biking blind! We had went to visit one of our sick investigators (who is an absolute doll face and I love her!😆) and when we got out it already snowed a few inches. What the heck?? It was super dangerous too cuz we couldn't see and neither could the cars, so yeah that was sketchy. We were gonna try biking to our dinner appointment, but she ended up being like, "aw heck no!" And she came and got us, Sis Marks is amazing😍

We walked through the giant piles of snow to our district meeting and that was fun because I was the only one wearing good snow boots! Then the rest of the day we couldn't do anything because everything was shut down due to the weather. Plus we were dying of mucus... 

Thursday was interesting because we got to do our service, but then the elderly couple that came with us took us out to a restaurant called "Cracker Barrel", and it was awesome, but we were there way too long! But the place was so cool and I don't think I've ever seen one in Oregon? Later our investigator Tim planned a dinner and a lesson at his place with the elders. He is the sweetest man ever and we are totally gonna get him baptized! We talked about the Word of Wisdom with him, and while he's stubborn, I have total faith in him that he will overcome.

I don't remember what happened the rest of the week, in order anyways. We got to meet with our part member family guy, David and have a lesson with him and his friend Adrian finally! Sis Wilcox Sr and I had exchanges with our new STL, Sis Rogers. She is fantastic and she gave me an awesome study on the commandments! And I met this crazy lady, Sis McGuire, who absolutely loves animals and has major road rage.

I gotta tell y'all about her. She is from California (and honestly drives better than everybody over here), anyways she told us this story about how she chased down a litterer. She was about to walk into Blockbuster with her friend when some punk threw his entire bag of McDonald's crap at her feet driving by. So she grabs the bag and her friend, jumps in the car, and runs every single red light till she caught up to this dude and pulled up beside him by a light. Then she rolls down her window (and the guy did too thinking she wanted to talk to him) and she goes "I think you dropped something!!!" And threw it right through his open window and drove off like a madwoman. It's the greatest thing told in her voice with her crazy little hand gestures! I laughed so hard it hurt!

Well I love you! I hope everyone is happy and doing well! 

With love, 
Sister Wilcox❤💕❤💕❤

No comments:

Post a Comment