Monday, April 9, 2018

Sister Wilcox and the Twister at Starbucks

Hey y'all!

Last week we got permission to email on Tuesday (and I already told you this, I think?) because of the whole moving fiasco on Monday. So Sister Wilcox and I took the bus to Starbucks to leech off their wifi. During the ride, we noticed that the driver kept warning people about a storm coming. We get to Starbucks and realize we missed like, 20 calls and texts from our district leader and our fellow sister missionaries. They all warned of a tornado in the red zone approaching and we were all instructed to stay in. Well, Sis Wicox Sr was freaking out and was super upset we had left. She was all like, "we're gonna die in Starbucks!" Meanwhile, I'm sitting there emailing everyone and watching the weather like it's a movie. It was the most entertaining thing, but no tornado touched down.

Also, it literally just hit me that I'm coming up on twelve weeks out on the mission, which doesn't seem very long but it FEELS long! Not to mention transfer calls are this Saturday, so the gang is getting split up! The only one happy about this is Elder Brady cuz he's been here 6 months and wants out (we all know he secretly loves Jeffersontown).

We got into a very gentle bible bash with some lady named Helen in a coul-de-sac up the street. She's really nice, but she really only wanted to prove us wrong honestly. She's baptist said we don't believe in the same Jesus cuz they have the whole trinity thing going on, it was just weird. And all of her "facts" were coming from anti-mormon crap and I just don't understand why people go to those sources to learn about the church?? It wasn't terrible though, I learned that I need more cross references to the bible...

We had exchanges this week and I "took over the area." It was the scariest thing ever. I figured out the bus system so we could ride over to a referral, who wasn't home, then we tracted the area and it was just weird to be the one fully taking the lead. Then we had a lesson that night with Tim and I had to lead that... it was just weird for me! But still good and I learned a lot about myself I think. I found out I'm more motivated than I thought, which is good!

Anyways, kinda freaking out still about transfers! I don't know what'll happen! 😨

Oh, and Sis Wilcox Sr is sick again and I had to say a prayer for her because I felt like I should. She wanted to go out and I felt it was a bad idea, she's lost her voice pretty much too, and so after the prayer she felt nauseous and had pain in her chest from the congestion... so she took a nap! It was all good.

I can't remember if I'm missing anything.

I love y'all so much and I hope you have a fantastic week!

With Love,
Sister Wilcox❤❤❤









No comments:

Post a Comment