Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Dusty Snow

Hey y'all,

Right now I am currently en route to the Louisville Temple!!! Woohoo! It's 4 degrees, there's snow everywhere, and we're following a snow plow... but it's great!

Okay the snow is more like powder, and it just gets blown around, so I don't know why there is a snow plow. But whatever.

This week we called Francisco and he was sooo cool! He's just a real busy guy (he's in college after all) and he wants to meet with us but he doesn't want us driving all the way to Columbia if something comes up for him. Isn't he sweet? I just want to meet him!

Wednesday was pretty cool cuz we had this impression that we needed to call Renee. So we did. She was fine, and we chatted for a bit, then hung up. She called five minutes later to ask us if she could make dinner for a family who just had a baby in the branch, and we were like heck yes you can and we got her in touch with the people she needed contact with and she is just a rockstar! She's basically a member! Our Relief Society President was like, "who is this lady??"


Whilst this was happening, we were following Sister Young's prompting to go get hot chocolate... I've been told by her previous companions that when she feels the need to go get food, always go get food. Stuff happens. We looked around and there was nobody out, so that was disappointing. Then on the drive back we saw a young man walking and Sister Young was like, "we have to talk to him!!!" So I whipped the car around and we walked up to him and talked for a bit. He wasn't religious at all, but he was open to us and he accepted our card. We don't know what will come of it, but it was such a neat experience. Sister Young explained later that she had seen that same guy the day before and felt prompted to talk to him, but didn't. She felt awful and prayed for a second chance. Well, she got the second chance! I am reminded everyday how merciful and forgiving our Heavenly Father is. He gives us second chances, and thirds and fourths and fifths and so on.

Well now it's one degree. Yay.

I met a ginormous brindle sheep dog. He was supposed to be white, but he s brindle colored! He was so cool looking and so sweet!

We went into this one house and this guy was like, "sorry y'all but I hope you don't mind I just smoked a joint" and then it hit me, and cigarette smoke on top of it and they didn't open windows or nothing. I felt so sick. It made me so sad because they were such sweet people, and they even met with missionaries for a while a few years back, but I could not breathe in there and felt like I couldn't say what I wanted to say (or think properly). I hate drugs and cigarettes and alcohol, I hate what they do to people. It just makes me even more grateful for the word of wisdom, and for the council and revelation from modern day prophets!


We've been doing work at an archive center that has family records from all the surrounding counties around Campbellsville, it's been really cool. It makes me want to be better about my own family history and finding ancestors. Yesterday we met with a member to talk about her family (cuz we can't keep them all straight) and the entire time I was like Cain need to be doing this!" She had stories written down from her grandparents and notebooks full of pictures and memories, it was awesome!

Sunday was fun! Nothing went the way we planned! I loved it! We saw one of the gals we were teaching out in her yard with a metal detector, so we walked up and she invited us in and we had a really good discussion with her! Then we visited the mother of an inactive member and she was so kind to us, and she told us where we could find her daughter! Then we went and found her daughter (who is awesome, she just works a lot) and we ended up giving her husband a book of Mormon! So the day went better than what we planned 😁

I can't remember anything else, but the week was good! It's nice and sunny right now and the snow is beautiful! Kentucky drivers don't like snow though, it's pretty funny actually. It's negative one!

Well, wish me luck. I'm gonna try to survive this weather! Y'all have a blessed week!

With love,
Sister Wilcox❤❤❤


P.S. WE FOUND A HERD OF LITTLE PONIES!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment