Monday, August 20, 2018

I Don't Really Know What to Put Here Cuz so Much Happened...

Hey y'all!

First off, I'm emailing at the church because my tablet crashed due to some kind of update from our parental-control missionary app- I am not happy! Oh well!

So Sister Pankey and I are staying together for another transfer! Seriously was not something I would have predicted, but here we are! We'll go all the way to October together, OCTOBER! Feels so far away and yet it's not! I'm glad we're still companions though because with all the madness that hit the fan this week I could not imagine bringing in a new missionary to this area just yet.

Umm, I can't remember anything before my birthday, so yeah. On my birthday I got bombarded by all these cute packages from my family and I felt so spoiled! Love them forever! We got taken out to lunch to Red Robin and McKenzee made me this amazing chocolate strawberry cake, love her and I'm so sad she has to go back to Utah! The summer sales team is wonderful and they have helped us missionaries out far too many times than I can count. They are gonna have major blessings!

We visited a referral we got from HQ and they were this cute older couple. The wife said she already had a church, but the husband kept asking all sorts of really good questions, so we got to teach a little restoration lesson right there and it was all a girl could want on her birthday!

Thursday before we had our little district council thing, sister Pankey and I did our rounds to the bathroom. Well, upon opening the door to the restroom, this smell hit us bad and I thought someone had left a diaper in the garbage. But then I thought, "man if somebody's pooped on the floor..." and then I looked around the corner and THERE WAS A TURD ON THE FLOOR! Who does that?!?!? And then my companion was like, "you know, as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, if you see something that needs to be taken care of, it's your responsibility to take care of it." and I just could not argue with that. I put on some latex gloves and cleaned up that poop y'all.

We helped Sadie, a member in our ward who does literally everything, with some baking one night cuz she sells baked goods at the farmers market. It's super cute! Anyways, she had these fake nails on that she got from being a part of a wedding (which sounded like being part of a nightmare) and when we were done baking she was like, "guys! I'm missing a nail!" and held up her fingers and sure enough one was gone! And that's how we spent part of our night trying to find a fake nail in multiple batches of cookies! Woo! Yeah, we didn't find it so she just turned all the cookies into cookie butter.

Saturday night we found out that Temyha, (cute gal who was stuck in Illinois for nearly the entire transfer) was finally home and we could go see her! We went out and bought her dinner to take to her and it was getting kinda late and it was also in this sketchy part of town so we were a little on edge... and the house looked totally quiet. Sister Pankey was not having that, but I was like, "let's go!" We went to knock on the door when we heard from behind us, "those are my church people!" and here comes Temyha on the back of her dad's scooter riding up the street! It was one of the greatest moments of my life, not gonna lie! We finally got to meet her in person and she wanted to go to church the next day! YAAAAY!

Sunday is where it gets crazy. Sister Anderson was down for picking up Temyha so they all came to church and that was great! Temyha looked a little sick though. Meanwhile, we were trying to coordinate a ride for our other people we're teaching, Alan and Amber, to go to the Newburg ward because they start at 11am and that's the only one they could make it to. I had to write a talk that morning (because I had forgotten all week) for sacrament meeting, so that was fun. Temyha threw up a little bit before the meeting started and sister Pankey and I were panicking a little, but she said she was fine. In the middle of sacrament meeting Temyha and sister Anderson leave and I was up in the stand like, "what?" afterwards sister Anderson returned to tell us she had taken Temyha to the hospital! She went and picked up her mom too!

The madness continues. Sister Anderson needed to go pick up Temyha but she only had the family car (oh by the way I cleaned up throw up outta the car too because I wasn't about to let sister Anderson do that) and her husband was there so he could take the kids home, but she needed a ride for Temyha! So all three of us booked it around church trying to find somebody who had a spare minute while also checking in on Amber and Alan (who were currently in sacrament meeting at this point) and it was just nuts! Finally this guy said he could do it and we all drove to the hospital and found out Temyha had a cyst! The poor girl had only been home for 24 hours! We got that all figured out though, and sister Anderson is Wonder Woman I've decided. Such an amazing woman that one is.

The member who was super generous with his Sunday (brother McMann) was telling sister Pankey and I that his wife had felt prompted to ride separately that morning. And, he just moved into the ward 2 weeks ago! Hope this wasn't a bad first impression! But seriously the Lord was watching out for us all! Blessings!

Then we hustled on to church again and made it to take Amber and Alan to gospel principles and Amber to relief society, Sunday was great!

It was also funny because in my talk I spoke about how sometimes we have to deal with the "ox in the mire" on Sundays and all the day long sister Anderson and sister Pankey were like, "does this count as the ox in the mire??" why yes, yes it does. Glad my talk left an impression! Actually, people kept complimenting me on my talk and I felt so bad that it was a 'flying by the seat of my pants' kind of talk! I guess I should be grateful.

That's all I remember folks, love y'all! I don't have pictures because first off, my tablet is M.I.A. and second, I don't actually think I took any pictures. Whoops!

Have a fabulous week!

With love,
Sister Wilcox

No comments:

Post a Comment