Monday, October 8, 2018

Guys I'm a Senior Companion πŸ™ƒ

Hello beautiful people!

This week has been so weird! I took over an area and I'm driving and I'm a senior companion, it's just the strangest thing. It's really not as bad as I thought it would be!

So I spent all day Tuesday in the car with sister Anderson entertaining her 2 and 4 year old, so that was fun! It's roughly a 2 hour drive to Louisville from Evansville, we're a ways out! Coming into Lousiville again was like seeing an old friend! I swear I never thought I would miss it that much!

We dropped off Sister Pankey, and that was hard. She did NOT want to go. She gets to be in Radcliff Kentucky with my MTC complanion Sister Ashmead! I think they'll have fun! Then we picked up Sister Calhoun, this cute little blonde gal, who was companions with sister Mitchell back in Carollton. She is darling and man she chats up a storm! It's fun, and she is such a character like, every other sentence we're laughing about something! I love it.

Sister Calhoun and Carly hit it off great! We spent pretty much all of Wednesday with Carly because we had a lesson with her and then she came to institute, so that made me a happy gal! It was such a strange feeling to walk across a college campus to go see Carly, and not feel like a college student? I miss college! Somebody remind me I said that in a year or so when I start whining about school again πŸ˜…

All week long the apartment management has had some maintenance people come around and repaint everything and they play their music all morning long! We'll be sitting there doing our studies and then suddenly these oldies tunes get cranked on (not that I dislike them or anything) and I can feel that the spirit is irritated πŸ˜‚ so we've had to study in the back room. The paint looks good though

On Tuesday we had dinner with Carly and her mom! That was a little stressful leading up to the point where we actually arrived, and then for whatever reason I wasn't stressed. I was praying super hard that it would be a good experience for all of us, and I think it was. We did more listening than talking, but that's okay. We got to know them better😊

On Friday sister Calhoun and I worked at the wards' Monster Ear booth at the Fall Festival! It was so much fun! And all I did was weigh and roll dough balls! Well, I worked the register a bit too, it felt weird to be doing that again! I almost forgot how to be a normal human working a normal job! And by the way, our ward is awesome! You can stick ten random members into a hot, flour covered food truck, and we still have a blast! Sister Calhoun and I were covered in everything by the time we left, and we smelled like fried food.

General Conference was fantastic! I stayed awake the whole time AND took notes. That's an accomplishment for me! We hung out with the Jenks and their crazy cat, the Anderson family for Saturday night and Sunday morning, and then the Lindleys for Sunday afternoon. Carly came to all of them, because she's awesome, and she had a question she wanted answered. She LOVES President Nelson! It's the most adorable thing. She went to the women's broadcast and I think that's what started it off. How can you not love him? "As the mother of ten children..." πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I can't believe we're going to have 2 hour church starting in January, how exciting! I bet all the primary teachers are loving this! On a more spiritual note though, I feel the responsibility that this new change will have on parents and families. I think it's great! We have this opportunity to firmly build our families on the Savior. To really make our homes heaven on earth, and a safe place to take refuge from the storms around us. I can't wait to do this when I go home! Sundays are so much more than going to church! It's a day to remember the Savior, lift those around you, and to spend time with your family! Enjoy it!

Also, 12 new temples people! 12! That's awesome!

Can I just say how wonderful it is to have a living prophet on the earth today? I don't have to flail aimlessly, I don't have to wonder if God still cares about us, because I know he does. I know that because he called prophets in this last dispensation to lead his church. He speaks to them, and they are that precious bridge to our Heavenly Father. We can of course have personal relationships with God and receive revelation for ourselves. But as one people, one church, one world, we can know what God would have us do through our prophet. We will not be left lost in the dark so long as we trust in the Lord and trust in His servants. If you are having a hard time trusting, pray. Read from the scriptures. Watch general conference. From the patterns found in the scriptures and from the words of the prophets themselves, I know you will know that they are real.

Today sister Calhoun and I are going to see some apple orchards and pumpkin patches with Carly! I promise I'll try to take more pictures and be better about documenting things! I've gotten horrible at that, so sorry!


I hope y'all take President Nelson's challenge to heart! Carly is doing it! You can do it too. I love y'all and I hope you take this new week and run with it! You ARE children of God and you can and will change the world if you believe in that simple but powerful fact. God bless! ❤❤❤

With love,
Sister WilcoxπŸ˜™

No comments:

Post a Comment