Monday, November 5, 2018

Everything in a Nutshell

Hey y'all

I don't even know what to start with because a lot happened this week. And I'll likely forget a bunch of stuff.

So on Monday we had our district p-day at the zoo! I talked to all the animals like a crazy woman because I wanted to... ooh there were these cool little salamander things that are apparently endangered and mainly live in Indiana, and they're called hellbinders. I thought that was awesome, but I still don't know why they're called that. And yes I chased a peacock but it was for a good cause! Sister Calhoun and our STL sister Rowe wanted a picture with it, and it didn't work out, but I had fun! Then after the zoo Sister Calhoun and I went to Rural King and looked at flannels and boots and it was just the best!😊

Tuesday we tried going tracting, but everybody thought we were trick or treaters because they changed Halloween to that night! Some neighborhoods decided to do it cuz it was supposed rain pretty good the next day, people just take your umbrellas! Sk that was very inconvenient. We met a cute old lady named Betsy who gave us pretzels, that was nice. We were nearly late to sing at the ward talent show with the elders, but we made it. I'll spare yall the details of the experience- okay it wasn't bad but boy am I glad it's over! The real fun was when I got to paint the elders and their friend Estebans faces for their Spanish song from the movie "Coco," now that was up my alley! They looked pretty cool! So that was worth itπŸ˜‰

Wednesday we had a fun thing happen. We're meeting with a part member family and the wife's name is Patty. We texted Patty a few days before to make an appointment with them. We show up, have a lesson, and it was all good. They're really chill people. Anyway, we get in the car and saw we had a text from Patty and that we received it during the time we were in the lesson. We thought it might have been a delayed text or something. Then we get home and Patty calls us and we answer and its not the same Patty! We texted the wrong Patty! We found out that this other Patty had been meeting with missionaries a year ago and still reads the book of Mormon and she wants to meet with missionaries again! Whaaaaat?! It was pretty bizarre!

That night we had the same issue as the night before because it was actually Halloween and people were out and about partying, I guess Evansville really just wanted 2 Halloweens instead of 1! 😐 We had fun though cuz we got to go to the Jenks for dinner and games. We couldn't proselyte after 6, so we got to hang out with them, Carly, the Evans, and the elders. People start trick or treating at 4 around here, who does that?

The days leading up to Saturday was a blur because Saturday was Carly's baptism. Friday we had interviews with our mission president and I told him how stressed I was, I just really wanted this to be a good experience for Carly! Her mom was coming, and Sister Pankey was coming from Radcliff and some of Carly's good friends, it was giving me anxiety! But it all worked out and it was so good! Carly basically planned the whole thing, which was hilarious!

So first off it was all normal, we sang a hymn, Carly was baptized by her friend Kobin, there were beautiful talks given on baptism and the Holy Ghost, all good. Then Carly played a Christian song sung by her friend, Sophie, who was killed in a freak car accident in 2016, and it was BEAUTIFUL. I could definitely feel the Spirit, and I could feel that there was another presence there, and I know it was Sophie. That was such a tender moment at the baptism, and I am so grateful I was there to witness it. Loved ones are not lost! They are always with us, and they cheer us on and support us. Sophie was there supporting Carly, and what a sweet sweet thing that was to feel.

Everything went well, then the closing song was a song called "O come to the altar" and I can't remember who sings it, but it was fun! I think it confused everyone from the ward who had a background only in the church though, which we knew that would happen but Carly really wanted it anyway. I only know that song because I was cultured in Christian rock by my boss, John Feary πŸ˜‚ It was awesome anyway! The rest of the day was just a blur cuz I got to see sister Pankey and my MTC companion sister Ashmead, and Sister Calhoun and I got to talk to a bunch of return missionaries all day and that was just so much fun! Carly had a blast and I'm just so happy for her and that it all went so good! Blessings from God!

Carly's confirmation on Sunday was the best! It was fast Sunday too and the stand was packed with people who wanted to bear their testimonies and that was CRAZY! I've never seen so many people who wanted to do that all at once!

That's all I remember. Thank you for your prayers, they are greatly appreciated and I know they have helped Carly so much! I also know that they're the only things holding me together! I love you all and I miss you!

With love,
Sister Wilcox 😘

I got lots of pictures this week!

Sister Calhoun loves cows and I love chickens- look at what we found at Hobby Lobby! So cute!

Zoo pics

The cow thing with glasses belongs to the Ruperts. Each of the splotches on the cow are countries or states they've been to, we thought that was cool.

We had to drive Henderson Kentucky (30 min away) to get some baptismal suits for Carly, so we took a pic with the Henderson elders :)

Some Halloween paint

We got carmel apple cider from Starbucks and it was awesome!

I saw a very unique looking bus thing in some neighborhood and wanted a pic










No comments:

Post a Comment