Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas in Soupville

Hey y'all!

The sun is blaring down right now and it's the end of December! Where's the snow??

Campbellsville is wonderful! It's so huge that some of the towns we go to are in different time zones! It's crazy! We have so many miles, and there's lots of scary country roads with deer. The surrounding missionary areas are even more boonies though. Our neighbors, the Sulpher Well elders, are 40 minutes or so away and in another time zone. Their area is entirely boonies. They live inside an old church! It's super cool.

There's plenty of members here who own chickens too, this is my kind of town I tell you.

The members are wonderful! It's a little branch, but man they are so giving. They gave the sisters before me (which was a trio) a ton of food and then this last Sunday they did it again! What am I going to do?? One sister makes this bread called angel bread that is so light and fluffy, I didn't know that was possible!

This apartment is huge. I  know I just came from living in a house, but this place is big. And fancy. We have a garage. I feel like the apartments keep getting nicer as I go further along the mission? It's funny to remember my first one, the little getto one in Hurstbourne. Miss that place.

I've been baking since I got here. The best way to get in doors is if you have a plate full of sugar! We've met a lot of less active members that way and it's been so much fun getting to know them. They are so sweet! And hilarious, all of them have such an interesting personality and I just love it! Hopefully we can build up good relations with everyone and help them come back to church!

Sister Young has only been here for 5 weeks, so we're both trying to learn everybody's names! πŸ˜‚

I had to give a little talk on Sunday, again. It was okay though, I hope. It was weird only going to church for an hour.

This ward is real musical too. There's a member named brother Kelly who ropes everyone into singing or doing some kind of musical thing, and it's really fun! On Wednesday we went to the church to help with family history and he pulled us outta there to go practice some songs for an 8 year old baptism coming up. He then taught us a gospel "rap" song, it was interesting. But I loved it!

There's also a senior couple in our ward, the Karrens, who just got out of the MTC. They are super cute and we found out they're going to be moving in right next door to us! I'm scared, this means the apartment could be inspected at any moment! I have to keep things tidy! No it'll be fine, and really nice to have them so close. Elder Karren worked construction for a long time and so whenever something starts acting up in our apartment we just ask him to fix it😊

We're going to a few different places for Christmas! We're going to the Rodenburg home tonight, and then the Caldwells and the Jensens tomorrow! I'm excited! Things are going to be busy!

I hope y'all are enjoying Christmas and the spirit that is felt all around us this time of year. People all over are remembering Christ, giving as he gave, telling his story, gathering as families and friends, and serving selflessly for those in need. It's beautiful. It's so unifying. I feel like it gives me a tiny glimpse of what it will be like when the gospel is shared and accepted in every nation, kindred and tongue. What a miraculous time that will be to live in, and one that I know is coming soon.

I love you all and I wish you a very Merry Christmas!!!! Can't wait to talk to my family tomorrow!!!

Remember, He is the Gift.

With love,
Sister WilcoxπŸŽ„πŸŽπŸŽ‰




No comments:

Post a Comment