Monday, March 25, 2019

Trooping Through Training

Hey y'all

This week has been a whirlwind! I can't believe we made it to p-day!

So on Tuesday we made the long journey up to Louisville to the Eastern Parkway building to get to transfers. As soon as I got there I had to run into my meeting and I hugged Sister Young for the last time and I never saw her again after that 😢😢😢

The meeting was sooooo long and I was starting to feel so nervous and kinda sick. It was good, we got a little training, sort of, on how to be a trainer, but I'm really surprised (and scared) of how much trust they put in the trainers of just leaving it all up to us to help these new missionaries. Cuz I really feel like I remember nothing from that training. And also I know nothing about training... So yeah.

But anyways, I got my little trainee! Her name is Sister Johnson! She is the cutest ever! She is so chill and so funny OH MY GOSH she is hilarious! She is a firecracker too. Like, I don't feel like there's much she needs training on.

Our first full day together (Wednesday) we taught 3 lessons, and one of them was with a guy named Francisco that Sister Young and I have been trying to have a lesson with since January! He was suddenly able to meet, so we went! And Sister Johnson was awesome and totally taught the Restoration lesson 3 times perfectly! She even tracted, she did dang good. And we found a new solid person to teach named Myra, and she is totally fascinated with the book of Mormon and has already started reading it!!!!


Thursday and Friday Sister Johnson was super sick, so that was sad. We were going to have a lesson, but then it fell through, and Sister Johnson was dying the whole time we were waiting in the library for him. She had to take a nap. And she was a trooper and went to our dinner appointment and the lesson we had with a new member afterwards, and the next day went to our district meeting. I'm just so impressed with her. She doesn't even understand how amazing she is! She took the lead on the spiritual thought with the members! She has already greatly surpassed me from when I was in training... I was a brat 😁

Saturday was probably the best, cuz she was feeling better. We tracted most of the day and as we walked around she was like, "oh my gosh is this what an average day on the mission looks like?" And I was like yes ma'am! And then she kinda freaked out... I think the reality of serving a mission finally settled in her mind. I don't sugar coat things! She's fine now though. I think. Also, we met a guy who rides mules and he tried calling his mules for us to see them, but they wouldn't come. So that was sad.

Sunday Sister Johnson had to speak in sacrament meeting. Brother Jenson texted me WHILE I WAS IN THE MEETING TO GET MY COMP to ask her if she would speak on Sunday and I didn't even have her yet or know who she was!! Branches are so funny!!! But she did it, even though she was terrified! Then we had lunch at our branch presidents house and had an awesome lesson with Jennifer who is a recent convert! We were out trying someone else when we saw Jennifer walking her dogs, and she told us she was on her way to the tobacco store 😢 so we had kinda an intervention lesson thing out in the church parking lot and it was really good. Afterwards Sister Johnson was like "holy cow God really knows us individually!" Because what were the odds that we would see Jennifer at that time? God is good.

It's been beautiful all week long, but today is rainy and gross. But that's alright I guess we deserve a nasty day.

General Conference is coming up and I'm so excited! Spring is here! Easter is around the corner! Life is just so full of hope!

Well, I love you all! I appreciate y'all so much! Have a wonderful, beautiful week! Enjoy all the little things!

With love,
Sister Wilcox😘😘😘




 


No comments:

Post a Comment