Monday, January 29, 2018

Out in the Field!

Hey y'all!

My first week out in the field has been a great big blur! So much has happened, and I still can't believe I'm here!

On transfer day I heard rumors of another Sister Wilcox. We met actually before the transfers and that was super cool. But then as companions got paired up, the mission president, Pres. Hughes, mentioned that there was a companionship they had to pray extra hard about because they weren't sure it was right... But he kept getting the same confirmation. Then he called out "Sister Wilcox & her trainee, Sister Wilcox" and I swear we've been the talk of the district since that happened!😂 My trainer is the coolest human being ever and the more I get to know her, the more I understand how the president couldn't put us with anyone else! She is so patient with me and so spiritual, we get along so well!

Our area is called Herstborne, but I think we also have part of Jeffersontown? I'm not sure yet. We are a biking area! We've been biking for 3 days I think, because we had to get the bikes in working order. Sister Wilcox Sr had her rear tire pop right before we were going to go visit an investigator, it was pretty crazy. But us being on foot allowed us to stop by and talk to a whole bunch of cool people, and we taught a guy named Tyler the whole Restoration right on his doorstep, (though he came out in a towel first and that was awkward 😣). The day after we got our bikes all ready to go, there was a fire right next to our apartment building. Seriously, someone lit up the landscaping with a cigarette butt! Never a dull moment in Louisville, but I feel like someone's trying to stop us from going out and teaching?

Anyway, the apartment was previously housing elders up till now. All I've been doing every night after studies is scrubbing something or vacuuming, or throwing away a million different stale cereal boxes. Oh and our neighbors really like marijuana, like a lot. We have to air out the apartment all the time, and febreeze is my bestfriend right now. But man we sleep real good at night!😅 Haha I feel like I should be more worried than I am??

My first night here we had dinner with some members. They took us to 'Mi Cocina', a yummy Mexican restaurant that I love so much. The problem was that they played Latino music, and not just any. It was every song I've ever loved ever! I couldn't resist singing along and I felt so bad, and I confused the members a bit. No hablo Espanol!

I'm learning so much already and I've only been out a week! The people are so easy to love too! We helped this adorable couple move out of their apartment, and it took us hours, but it was so much fun and we got to teach them a bit about the Gospel. They were so generous to us and wouldn't let us go without feeding us. People are amazing, and the more I get to know them, the more I want to teach them the Gospel! I still feel like I don't know anything, but these wonderful, beautiful people deserve happiness and to know that there is an almighty Father in Heaven who KNOWS them. I will do whatever I can to help them know that for themselves. That there is life after death, that this world is only a short time and we are to live it the best we can. I testify that there is a God, that His Son Jesus Christ atoned for the sins of the world, and that through His Atonement, all of us can return to live with our Father in Heaven again. I love all of you so much, and I hope you are doing well!

With Love,
Sister Wilcox ❤😙






No comments:

Post a Comment