Monday, February 26, 2018

The Nickname Sticks

Hello my loves!

I have mixed feelings about this week, hahahaha??

We had an awesome lesson with our man Kuria on Tuesday. He is so prepared it's incredible. He has been on a spiritual journey for most of his life, he's just felt like something is missing. He loves his family and he's been sober for 14 years! Sis Wilcox and I were like whaaaaat??!! He read the pamphlet we gave him and had questions prepared AND he took notes throughout our lesson on the Restoration. He asked when church was and where. The best part was that when I asked him if he would be baptized HE SAID DEFINITELY! I have to admit I wasn't expecting that... anyways, we love him so much and we're super excited to continue meeting with him and helping him increase his knowledge and faith.

Also, had a pretty cool/ sobering experience after one of our lessons. We were in a neighborhood longer than we had anticipated because we had to move our next lesson to a later time. So we helped this cute old lady with her cat and then we saw this guy hanging out the front of one of the apartments. We went up and did our thing. This poor guy was going through a rough time and kept saying over and over how of all the days we could have stopped by, it was when he needed God most. We told him that God knows and loves him,  and I cried (surprisingly) while telling him something my MTC teacher had told me. That we are not given trials to break us, we are given trials because Heavenly Father trusts us enough to not let our trials overwhelm us. He accepted a Book of Mormon and our number. I'm so grateful that we were in the right place at the right time to give him comfort, and that I actually had the courage to say something!

Sorry these paragraphs are giant. 😕

I had new missionary training on Friday! It was way fun and so uplifting, and I saw a few of my homies from my MTC district. President Hughes, our mission president, is the kindest man and you can tell that he loves all his missionaries. We had to drive to Indiana for the training though and everything is so flooded! I had major anxiety about getting stranded somewhere!

I also got to go to the Temple which apparently isn't common amongst the trainees. Sis Wilcox Sr found out that a guy she taught was going to the Temple for the first time and we got to go see him do baptisms for the dead. It was such a spiritual experience, and Sis Wilcox was so happy! I can't wait to go to the Temple with people I have taught, and be a part of something so special and sacred with them. One of the Temple workers said that Sis Wilcox looked like a proud mother!😆

My nickname is officially Sister Wilcox the Younger, even among the other missionaries. So yeah, don't know what I'll do when Sis Wilcox gets transferred!😢

Oh! One of our investigators is in the hospital right now. She's worried that she might have stomach cancer. Her name is Miranda, it would be so awesome if y'all could pray for her!

I love you guys so so much! Have a wonderful week, God bless you!

With love,
Sister Wilcox😙

Also, Sis Wilcox hit her halfway mark this week and we celebrated/ mourned for her at Olive Garden. I ate some Italian donuts...



No comments:

Post a Comment