Monday, July 9, 2018

Well

Hi folks!

So the biggest thing on my list of priorities right now is to tell y'all that WOODHAVEN IS NO LONGER A SISTERS AREA! 😭😭😭

Sister Mitchell and I are both getting kicked out! She's going to Carollton Kentucky, and I'm going to Evansville Indiana. When President calls, you know something big went down. When he called us Saturday we were like oh no no no! We weren't expecting both of us to go! So it's been a little emotional lately. We've been saying goodbye to our ward and our people since then and trying to lack and clean and email! 😣 sorry if this gets a little crazy!

We did lots of tracting of course. The weather was super bleeding hot and everyone who opened their door was like, "what are you doing out in this?" It was great, we got handed lots of waterbottles!πŸ˜‰

We went to the ward 4th of July breakfast and brother Hunter flipped this ginormous pancake on his skillet because I may or may not have jokingly suggested it??πŸ˜… it worked though and I totally got a video! It was fun, and brother Spainhower brought homing pigeons and talked about all the service animals used in the wars. It was pretty cool. The kids got to write notes to put on the birds. I want one.

That day was really hot too, in the 100's plus humidity. We met this older gent who was basically a dry Mormon. He believed everything we believed, and knew that Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were called of God. We read the promise Moroni gives at the end of the book of Mormon where he tells us to ask of God if the book is not true, and he was blown away with how powerful it was he Las like, "I gotta remember that one!" But when we offered him the book he politely declined and said he was, "waiting for a sign from God" ...okay. He was really nice though and it was a fun conversation. We did go to two barbeques and the food was fantastic!

Okay so now here's this madness- we've been tracting in the same neighborhood for a while and we lock our bikes to stop signs and whatever. On Friday we visited this less active member (who lives down in this area) for like, 15 minutes max? We tucked our bikes between the house and her car, out of the way, and when we came back out they were gone! Our bikes were jacked! At first we were like, "for reals?" but then reality hit that yes for realsies somebody stole our crappy bikes. Whoo. Actually a member told us that with how "antique" the bikes were they probably got quite a bit of money for them. I'm thinking someone's been eyeballing them all week and waiting for us to be stupid and not lock our bikes!πŸ™ƒ

We walked up the main road and called the Gibson's, who rescued us, and then some other people and finally the AP's came in tow with new bikes. These are some nice bikes let me tell you! Mines purple again! We aren't really sad about losing our old ones anymore! However, we're both going to car areas, so there goes that....

Actually I'm really excited y'all I hope I don't sound disappointed! I was just surprised I wasn't staying here longer, and this area has only had sisters for 6 months. It hasn't had any for YEARS. So it's bitter-sweet for us and hard to say goodbye, and the ward is a little shocked but everything is working out the way it's supposed to! The elders will take over and they will be awesome and Indiana will be awesome!

This is the mission life, being called and moved to wherever the Lord needs us. I've tried to focus more on trusting in the Lord this week. He knows best always, and he sees things that I don't. He knows me so much better than I know myself. This week has been so much easier than it would have been without that knowledge! Miracles have happened, and I can see the divine design in the simple things. Missions are such a huge blessing! By coming out of myself and serving, I have learned more than I ever could have on my own!

I love you all and I'm scrambling today so sorry if I miss emails!😬 have a fabulous week! Remember you are a child of God! Stand tall!

With love,
Sister Wilcox

Oh and last week's picture with the feet in it, that was sister Mitchell's feet. Sorry I forgot to say so, I can't get that dark!πŸ˜†

And that sunset seriously looked like the second coming!

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment