Monday, July 16, 2018

I'm Not in Kentucky Anymore!

Hi everyone!

This week has kinda thrown me for a loop!

I got to see all my favorite people on transfers this last Tuesday! It's always fun to see everybody. There were 23 missionaries going home, so that was a little bizarre to see. I had to stay longer because our ride to Evansville wasn't leaving until after the new missionary introduction thing. It was way cool to hear the testimonies of the departing missionaries, but it was so weird knowing their mission was over. Just like that. I didn't like it! I took lots of notes and said lots of goodbyes! The only good thing about technology is it spreads the good word and it helps you keep in touch with your loved ones😉

I had to give up Sister Mitchell, we said goodbye a million times and i had a hard time getting it into my head that she wasn't my companion anymore. She's been so good to me! But my new companion is Sister Pankey. She is a convert to the church from Catholicism and her story is fire! I love it!!! She is a doll and she totally keeps me sane because once again, I have no idea what I'm doing! We are also co-companions cuz she and I came out the same time!

Indiana is an hour behind Kentucky, so that's different. I'm 2ish hours away from Louisville, which I still can't believe I'm not in Louisville anymore... My new address is: 524 Normandy Drive Evansville, Indiana 47715 and the apartment is huge! I don't know what to do with half of it! A lot of sisters have spent their last transfer here, so there's a lot of junk to go through because they leave so much behind!

I wanted to bike on Wednesday so we biked! We drove the car to a neighborhood and did some finding. It's weird having a car when I've been on a bike for 6 months. I have to relearn how to be a missionary it feels like. My tan lines are gonna disappear too!😢

We got to do lots of service this week which is always the best, lots of dishes and moving things. The members here are crazy but super awesome! Most of them are converts to the church as well! They have amazing stories!

I am in the same district as my trainer, Sister Wilcox! It was so good to see her again and she is still in her baby area! How crazy is that! I still can't get over it obviously because I keep bringing it up!😆 I didn't realize how much I missed her, but I did and now I don't have to!

I am learning the ways of this giant new area and I'm excited to gain new knowledge and skills! I trust that Heavenly Father sent me here for a reason, and I am going to find it! I love you all so much and I have a blessed week!

Sorry I don't have a ton of pictures!🤗

With love,
Sister Wilcox😘

Goodbye pic with Mary Helen
Last pic with sister Mitchell
This car that shouldn't be driveable...
Sister Pankey and I after biking!



No comments:

Post a Comment